I think we all struggle with keeping ourselves motivated to do things, because lets be honest we all have days where we don't feel like doing anything. For me I go through a ritual to keep me motivated through my day, that get my thoughts all in one place and gives me tiny goals to obtain. Even doing the smallest goals can make you feel like you are accomplishing something. Here are some things I do everyday to keep me focused and give me a purpose everyday.
1) Wake up and go to the gym!! Sounds simple but it can be extremely tiring and feel like a daunting task. I literally roll out of bed at 5am and go straight to the gym. It helps you wake up and get your brain working early in the morning, where you don't feel groggy the rest of the day.
2) Avoid social media in the morning!! I actually picked this one up recently and really love what it does for me. Your brain is at its most productive and creative state the first couple hours you are awake, so if you focus your energy on social media and other people that is where your focus tends to be.
3) Write down three things that would make today great and three things that you are thankful for. This helps you write out big goals that you want to obtain that are constantly on your mind and thinking about. If you continue to write down the things you want even if it seems like a far ways away, you are continuously putting that thought down in hopes of achieving it.
4) Plan out your day in a planner. Putting a purpose to your day is so important so you aren't just winging everyday with whatever comes up you will do it. Put down every task you want to do that day and an ideal time you think you will do each one of them. That way you are giving yourself a timeline to complete it and it doesn't feel daunting at the end of the day to finish the list. Nothing better than crossing off things on a to do list at the end of the day and feeling like you accomplished something.
5) Listen to a podcast. I listen to one every morning to motivate me on my drive to work. Pick something that will inspire you and really get you to think about your life and how you can make it better. It gets your mind away from the present day to day tasks you have to accomplish and get you thinking about improvements you could make.
These are somethings I do almost every morning during the week and they have really helped me in feeling like each day I am accomplishing something. Get your mind right and focused and you'll feel a lot better about your days!